Great Challenge Application Form
Alopecia UK has 5 charity places in each of the following events:
Great North Swim (1 mile distance) - Challenge can be undertaken between Friday 10th June to Sunday 12th June 2022, Lake Windermere, Cumbria
Great North Run (Half marathon) - Sunday 11th September 2022, Newcastle/South Shields, Tyne and Wear.
Great South Run (10 mile run) - Sunday 16th October 2022, Portsmouth, Hampshire.
If you are interested in applying for one of our charity places in these events, please read the following Terms and Conditions and agree to them by ticking the box below:
For our Great Run Company challenge event places, we require a registration fee of £25 (non-refundable/non-transferable) which must be paid shortly after your place being confirmed. The registration fee is payable to Alopecia UK. Being the small charity that we are, we ask for a small contribution to help cover some of the cost of the charity places.
In addition, you pledge to raise a minimum of £250 (excluding registration fee and gift aid) in sponsorship monies for Alopecia UK. The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible to support the work we do to improve the lives of those affected by alopecia.
Also, you agree to the following:
- You confirm that you are medically fit and that you participate in the event at your own risk. Alopecia UK will not be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from your participation
- You understand that it is your responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the Event organisers and to comply with these.
- You confirm you will be the minimum age on day of Event (Age 16 for Great North Swim & Great South Run, Age 17 for Great North Run)
- You acknowledge that Alopecia UK may incur costs as a result of you accepting the charity place (e.g. cost of producing and sending running vest/t-shirt/other fundraising kit) for this challenge. The objective is to raise as much sponsorship as possible for Alopecia UK whilst agreeing to the £250 minimum level set.
- Should you, for whatever reason, not take your place, all sponsorship forms and monies collected should be forwarded to Alopecia UK or returned to your sponsors.